Adding Taxonomy Terms for Content Types
You must have the Taxonomy Manager role to complete this action.
- From the Admin Toolbar, click on Structure.
- From the Structure menu, select Taxonomy.
- Click on list terms to view existing terms or
- Click on the drop-down arrow under Operation in the row associated with the content type you want to add terms to.
- Click on Add Terms.
- Type your term in the Name field.
- If the term requires more description, add it to the Description field.
- If the term relates to an already-existing Term, select the Parent term from the Relations section.
- The default URL for this term will be a generic Taxonomy path (i.e. /taxonomy/term/01234). If you want your term to be found at a specific URL, type it in the URL Alias field (i.e. /new-taxonomy-term).
Adding Taxonomy to Content Items
To add a Taxonomy term to a new or existing document:
(only 1 Taxonomy term can be added to content)
- Add Content
- Create a Content Item
- most Content Types have the option to add Taxonomy terms but using different methods:
- Bio > add Bio Type
- Contact > add a Contact Type
- Event > add Event Type
- Locations > add Location Type
- News > add News Type
- Scroll down to the Type depending on your Content Type: Document/Press Release/Locations/Staff
- Choose a Type from the list.
- Click Save.
- Publish when ready.