When to Use a News Page
Use the News Page to publish blog posts, site news, and less official updates. These postings are not normally distributed to the media (use Press Releases instead), and may or may not contain official contact information.
How this content type interacts with other system components
|The creation form for this content type contains an entity reference for the following content types||Bio|
|This content type can be embedded in the following places||N/A|
|This content type can be involved in the following Taxonomies|
How to Create a News Page
- Log into your agency website.
- Click on Add Content.
- Select News.
- Add Title (required).
- The Title appears at the top of the page, and is also used in URLs and anywhere the page is linked to from other content across the site.
- Add Short Title (optional).
- The Short Title, if used, will replace the title in URLs and anywhere the page is linked to from other content across the site.
- Note: The Short Title will NOT replace the Title at the top of the page.
- Select News Type (required).
- Select a type from the drop down list to which your News item belongs (Announcement, Blog, or News, or another term you may have created in the Taxonomy list).
- Add Summary (required when published).
- Add a short statement to summarize the page’s content or purpose. This will not show on the page itself but will be used in any links to the page that are configured to include a description.
- Select a Teaser image.
- Upload or select an existing image. This image will appear at the top of the News page and on listing pages. It is required if you have a block listing News teasers with images on any page.
- Add content to the Body (required when published).
- This is the primary container for the page’s content. Use the WYSIWYG editor to format content as needed. Further, you may embed various other content from across the site into the body of your News Page. Content which can be embedded into a News Page includes:
- Links to documents or files
- Links to other web pages
- Call to Actions
- Link Collections
- Automatic lists
- Teasers or full versions of other site content:
- Choose an Author (optional).
- Select or create a new Bio.
- Choose Tags (optional).
- Enter terms that relate to the subject of the News page. You may associate the news item with any range of subtopics that your team tends to write about.
- Makes it possible for editors and users to filter similar News posts by their topic. Before creating a new Tag, check to see if a similar one is already present, to avoid duplicates.
- In the Associate this Content with box…
- Associate the News Pages by Selecting:
- Program or Service References
- Division / Section
- Learn more about how to use Taxonomies to associate this content.
- Add Search Terms (optional). Help search engines find your content by adding terms or phrases that may be used when searching for your content.
- To add additional terms, select the Add another item button, and continue adding search terms.
- Publish, Needs Review, Save as Draft, or Schedule Publishing for your News (see Publishing instructions for more information).
Embed a News Page
Use an Existing News Page in WYSIWYG
- Place your cursor at the spot where you would like the News Page to display.
- Click on the Embed Node button.
- In the pop-up window, search for the existing News Page by typing in the Title field and clicking the Apply button.
- Click on the content item from the search results. A check mark will indicate the content item is selected.
- Click on the Select button at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- Select how the News Page should appear by choosing from the drop-down list.
- Check the Card button if you would like a box to appear around the News Page.
- Click the Embed button.
- The News Page will display in the WYSIWYG.
Remove a News page
To remove a News page from your site, either Unpublish the page, or move it to the Trash.